Exclusive Interview with an #AdorableAfrican





Tell us about yourself
My name is Olugunna Gbemisola, I'm 16 years old, student of University of Ilorin, 200level, Department of Public Administration.


Why do you want to work as a model?
I'd say one doesn't have a reason to dream while sleeping, it just comes to you. I don't have a certain reason but I have a lot of reasons. I'm passionate about it. Its not innate but it's a belief, There's a voice that tells me "You Can" and yes I belief I can. To work as a model is my Belief, Passion and Dream.

Why are you interested in this career?
I think I answered earlier that its what im passionate about.
In addition, having modeling as a career takes a lot of courage. a model should be able to deal with focus, attention, stress, impromptu routines and so on. I believe I'm up to the task.

Tell us about your education: Have you attended fashion modeling courses?
No I haven't attended any fashion modeling courses.

Why would you think you are fit to be a model?
Well, I didn't think I'm fit to be a model because if I do, I'd conclude that I am far from being considered a model. I'm not 6ft tall, I'm 5ft 8inches, I weigh 57kg. So I didn't think I just know, I might not be tall or slim enough but what are heels and exercises for? I know I can.

What are your goals as a model? How do you see yourself  progress in this field?
Godwilling, I want to be a queen, To start with the basics, Miss Unilorin :), Nigeria International Super Model(NISM), Miss Nigerian, Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria(MBGN), Miss Continent, Miss Universe. One  at a time *chuckles*. An ambassador of renowned brands, Establishment of my own Modeling Agency and Make up Academy. That's how I see myself in few years to come in this field, by God's Grace (Insha Allah). And I'm gonna start somewhere, this journey of thousand mile is starting now.

How do you communicate with people? Are you patient? Are you friendly? How open are you to clients' requirements?
I like fat bones so I'm a patient dog, I'm quite patient. I'm friendly, I make friends everyday, totally an extrovert although my temparament varies atimes. but it doesn't stop me from socializing.
Clients' requirements kind of differs you know? I can do the runway, photography, commercials, advertisements but glamour I'm gonna think twice.

Do you eat nutritiously? How often do you exercise or go to the gym?
I'm not much of a eater so I don't keep a food time-table, meals I take might not be fully balanced but I can't do without fruits. I've never been to a gym but I do a few sit ups and crunches.

Are you registered to any modeling agency?
No, I'm not registered I have a hard time finding one close by except that I have to travel.

Do you have any limitations? Would you model any kind of clothing at all, bikinis and all?
My limitation is doing glamour but of course there are challenges doing some task but you got to face your fears. Any kind of clothing at all. Fashion_ whether its summer, winter, hippie, rock'n'roll, modest. It's fashion, you got to do what you do.

State your availability: would  you travel? Work full-time, part-time? Any hours?
School could be an obstacle, so the full-time might not work so cool like that, but if I have to, I wouldn't make a wrong choice I guess
Exclusive Interview with an #AdorableAfrican Exclusive Interview with an #AdorableAfrican Reviewed by Unknown on October 14, 2015 Rating: 5

No comments